Farm Vet Services and Facilities
Delaware Veterinary Group has been serving the farming community around Castle Cary and Yeovil for over 100 years.
Our team of farm vets includes three members with additional qualifications in cattle health and reproduction to provide a high level of service to our farm clients.
We also strive to keep up to date with the latest research in the farming industry to ensure the service and advice we offer is on cutting edge of latest developments.
We believe a proactive approach to fertility management and disease prevention is essential for a healthy, efficient and profitable herd.
Routine Health & Fertility Services
- Regular herd visits
- Accurate Pregnancy diagnosis with latest ultrasound scanners
- Diagnosis & Treatment of ‘non bullers’
- Health screening
- Nutrition advice
- Bull Fertility Testing
- Record Keeping
- Data Analysis – measure manage and monitor
- Colostrum management
- Feeding advice
- Worming programmes
- Health planning
- Age at first calving reports
- Paraprofessionals (assistance with disbudding etc)
- Health planning is an essential tool for all farms to prevent losses through disease and poor production. It has become a key requirement for Farm Assurance schemes, which are is now mandatory for most producers.
- We use www.myhealthyherd.com as our Health Planner of choice which meets the requirements of the Red Tractor Farm Assurance Scheme.
- Mastitis bacteriology and sensitivity
- Sick cow profiles
- Metabolic profiles for herd diagnosis
- Faecal egg counts
- Calf scour investigation
Large Animal Hospital
- We have a purpose built large animal centre on site at Castle Cary, with a drive-through breezeway for easy loading and unloading.
- In the Don Collick Large Animal Unit we have “knock-down” facilities and stocks for all surgical procedures, both under general anaesthetic and standing. We have secure stabling within the main building complex, with rubber, straw, paper and shavings as bedding options.
- Large animal operations are carried out in clean disinfected stables using a specially designed crush. All dairy cows are milked on single units before returning to farm ‘in milk’.
- At Delaware we aim to provide our clients with the highest level of service and expertise. Three members of the farm animal team have gained extra qualifications in cattle health and reproduction and together with our emphasis on team work helps us to deliver this aim.
- Flock health plans
- Vaccine advice
- Lameness investigation
- Parasites control
- Lambing advice and preperation